FAQ - Registration, account validation, general information
How and where can I register in the library and do I have to do it in person?
One has to register in the library in person.
Registration for first-year students takes place in October (by the groups foreman) and individually since November.
Detailed information is available here.
I'm not a AGH-UST student or employee – may I register in the library and borrow books?
Rights to open an account in the Lending Rooms have:
- employees, doctoral students, extramural students and full time students of the AGH University of Science and Technology in Cracow (AGH University)
- retired AGH University employees
- full time students and extramural students of other state universities or colleges in Cracow
- employees of Cracovian research institutes, state colleges and state educational facilities
- employees of other research institutes and state colleges and universities, provided they live permanently or temporarily in Cracow
- libraries of institutions and establishments of Cracow
- other users on the basis of an agreement between the employing institution and the AGH University Main Library.
Other readers are permitted to use the library’s collections on the spot. Detailed information is available here.
Where can I validate my student's departure card?
In order to validate student’s departure card (confirming that no books are lent and there are no fees) you should report to the Lending Room (room 112).
Where can I buy a library card?
Library cards are sold during weekdays in the reception on the ground floor, on Saturdays and Sundays - in the catalogue hall.
Where can I buy a copy machine card?
You can buy it in the reception on the ground floor.
Where should I lodge my doctoral thesis?
You should report to the Main Reading Room (room 108). More detailed information is available here <brak linku>.
Can I surf the Internet in the library using my laptop?
You can use wi-fi. Detailed information and instructions are available here.
What should I do to use wi-fi in the library?
Detailed information and instructions are available here.